DO'S AND DONT'S OF COLOR
1. Follow the color principal of 60-30-10 to create an aesthetically pleasing color scheme. Divide your color choices into percentages: 60 percent is a dominant color, 30 percent is a secondary color and 10 percent is the accent color.
2.know the basics of the color wheel and how different schemes work.
3. Before finalizing your selections, see how each color will look in the room during different times of the day.
4. Think carefully about how you want to feel and what you want to accomplish in each space.
5. Adding a trendy color to a room's palette can be the fresh take you need, but choose where you use the trend wisely. Wall colors and accessories can be easily switched out, but when purchasing furniture, choose shades that will stand the test of time.
6. Avoid using exact matching if you want your favorite accent piece to stand out in a room, choose colors that are similar but softer.
Keep in Mind;
- Choose darker values of color for the floor (ground),
medium values of color for the walls (trees and mountains) and
light values of color for the ceiling (sky).
-If you divide your colors by value from dark to light as you decorate "vertically" in the room, you’ll get an interior design that looks good every time.